informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

20.12.02

Our grandchildren will use phonographs everywhere; at every restaurant table, public transportation, steamship cabins, and hotel rooms; railroads will supply Pullman circulating libraries which will make travelers forget the distances they cover, while allowing them to look out the windows. Printing will be abandoned, except for a small possible use in trade and private communication.

{I need little icons for the link from aspect here. most if not all are at the bottom of this, primariest being wood's lot dublog robotwisdom but all of them are there because I go to all of them. and as always, I'm still way too vain to get any satisfaction from someone else's work being mistaken for mine. plagiarism is one thing that never tempts me. the idea that some anal jerk may get in a tizzy because he THINKS I'm plagiarizing is a source of pleasure. the idea that some innocent soul might lose out on the joyful mind expansion of these 'linked froms' bothers me. but I'm too lazy to do all the html and other typing. so I think what I'll have to do is an abbreviation code. like w:l for woods lot. and then put that at the end of whatever... or something. for now, it's as I said. the sources I start from are almost all at the bottom of the page. they'd be at the top of the page but I played with the template code and now I can't get em back up there. really I want them over on the left. with an initial. really I want a piece of code like this 'blog this' code that says 'from here'. anyway this is from Bruce Sterling's daily wonderpoint. and I wanted to acknowledge it because I think it's especially special, today.}

Blog Archive