informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

6.11.02


{a short graph of the english language, in three parts}


Anne Boleyn:

And to speak a truth, never a prince had wife more loyal in all duty, and in all true affection, than you have ever found in Anne... .

You have chosen me from low estate to be your queen and companion, far beyond my desert or desire; if, then, you found me worthy of such honour, good your grace, let not any light fancy or bad counsel of my enemies withdraw your princely favour from me; neither let that stain, that unworthy stain of a disloyal heart, towards your good grace ever cast so foul a blot on me, and on the infant princess your daughter.

Try me, good king, but let me have a lawful trial, and let not my sworn enemies sit as my accusers and as my judges; yeah, let me receive an open trial, for my truth shall fear no open shames.
_______________________
Mary Wollstonecraft:
I have no criterion for morality, and have thought in vain if the sensations which lead you to follow an ancle or step, be the sacred foundation of principle and affection. Mine has been of a very different nature, or it would not have stood the brunt of your sarcasms.

The sentiment in me is still sacred. If there be any part of me that will survive the sense of my misfortunes, it is the purity of my affections. The impetuosity of your senses may have led you to term mere animal desire the source of principle; and it may give zest to some years to come. Whether you will always think so, I shall never know.
_________________
16 year-old contemporary American:
I will never forget what you did to me. You have left a permanent stain in my life, and I am going to try to foster nice thoughts about you, but you leave me no choice but to hit the "eject" button from our relationship. Miss me yet? You should. You will. I'd put money on it. No one makes Mac and Cheese quite like I do or makes chocolate milk better. No one would listen to you yap about nothing like I did and no one will ever tickle that spot right behind your knee that makes you laugh for hours like I used to. No one will be a more loyal friend or trustwhorthy friend like I was. You know that. That's why you cried. That's why you called. You called 27 times in two days. What part of "It's over" don't you understand?...

I don't even know why I am bothering writing this. I don't care about you. I don't miss you. I don't care where you are right now or who you are with. I don't care anymore, I don't have the energy anymore and its just not worth it. When it finally sinks into your thick skull that you blew it, you don't need to call, or write, or show up at my front door!! Respect me. Respect my space and respect the fact that I would rather have my eyebrows singed than ever see you again...

Blog Archive