informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

23.11.02

Liu Fang: The biggest challenge is to fully express the soul of pipa and guzheng music in EVERY concert. To give a good concert today doesn't mean that the concert tomorrow would also be as good. To have given 100 excellent concerts doesn't guarantee that it would be always excellent in the future. This is a constant challenge more for the heart than for the skill. This means that one needs always to learn to keep the heart in such a state as to give the music its life. For this, one needs to learn many things besides music. I believe this is true for all kinds of music.
_________________
Like many other musicians, quite often I also have to face financial difficulties, because a lot of our income is used for travelling. But I don't care. I love my career. I also enjoy travelling: such as sitting in a plane dreaming, or staying in a hotel. Comparatively, I don't like talking with people as much, because it is too easy to have misunderstandings because of language. By making music, I feel the freedom and joy that I can never have by talking.

Blog Archive