informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

28.9.08

Interview With Sean Hannity of Fox News:

QUESTION: Let me ask this. I know a lot of Americans – and I include myself in this – have lost confidence. You’ve spent the better part of this week at the United Nations. You’ve met with many world leaders this week.

SECRETARY RICE: Right.

QUESTION: We’ve lost confidence in their ability to accomplish things of substance. You know, there has been much anti-American sentiment expressed there, anti-Semitic sentiment expressed at the United Nations. You know, and I’m thinking the United States, we’re about, what, 5 percent of the world’s population, we bear the burden of securing liberty and freedom for the other 95 percent. Has it lost its effectiveness and its ability to accomplish the task of peace and stability and the advancement of freedom in the world?

SECRETARY RICE: You know, Sean...
Scoop NZ 28.Sep.08

Blog Archive