informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

6.9.08

2 hours, 1 minute ago
Caracas (Reuters):

Several Russian ships and 1,000 soldiers will take part in joint naval maneuvers with Venezuela in the Caribbean Sea later this year, exercises likely to increase diplomatic tensions with Washington, a pro-government newspaper reported on Saturday.
Reuters (Caracas)
-
That Reuters stringer should be edited a little more carefully. The phrase "pro-government newspaper" there probably means pro-Venezuelan-government newspaper. Probably for sure.
When I saw that I had this weirdly recursive flash on the Reuters pro-goverment newspaperishness, but American.
So the one pro-government newspaper reports what another pro-a-different-government newspaper said about something.
Except I think the delusion is American newspapers are independent, and free.
Except I think we saw freedom of the press at St. Paul during the RNC. Face down on the asphalt with its hands behind its back.
Then I realized I was losing myself in the grammar and typography because the news had so much gravity.
Dude. Russians in the Carribean.

Blog Archive