informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

16.3.04

Sandra Tsing Loh fucks her husband

Did you feel isolated?
Yes. I went on the NPR official Web site, and front and center was the NPR ombudsman...
Yeah, writing about your case, NPR ombudsman Jeffrey Dvorkin said the rules about on-air obscenity are clear in FCC regulations. He concludes: "Too late for Loh, perhaps, but a cautionary tale for the rest of us."
Oh my Lord. That's their official take? Let's see ... I was just going to say something unprintable. He's a pompous gasbag. If that's what they think, they're out of touch, head in the sand, thesaurus-suffocated, timid antiquarians. I think his essay delineated the very definition of pompous gasbag, and I'm sending you a draft of what I've written to him ... about his timidity, taking this case and mentioning me by name, and then deliberately leaving out a few facts. He made it more like, "This is a gal who talked blue into the mic..." It was listed as the editor's pick. They were really proud of it, like, "Hey, this is great."

Blog Archive