informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

13.3.04

as if it doesn�t exist
Why did you decide to join the U.S. military?
It�s one of the things my family does. I was taught by my parents that there were two things we had to do: go to college and serve in the military. We believe in this country wholeheartedly and being in the military is very important to me. It�s part of my life.

Do you think the American public is well-informed about what is happening in Iraq?
No, I really don�t. I see young people on my medical table all the time, people who have lost their legs or arms or had other terrible injuries. No one back home sees any of that. I�ve been home for a month and I haven�t seen a casualty yet on television. I�m still waiting. Where are the casualties? It�s as if it doesn�t exist, as if it doesn�t happen.

What about Iraqi deaths and injuries?
We don�t care about Iraqi deaths. It�s something that does not even count. The hospital was told not to keep count. The Iraqi infrastructure does not keep an account of the deaths anymore.

"A military medic who served in the Gulf War in the early 1990s, he is a member of the Reserves who was called up to serve in the current war in Iraq. His primary role is to deliver medical care to U.S. military personnel as well as Iraqis."

Blog Archive