informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

24.6.06

Portugal
-
"We have to recognise that some of the climate supporters have tended to use data that are not by any means proven..."
-
"Climate supporters" would be a lot more ludicrous as a descriptive term if its opposite weren't so plausible.
And "pleasing many global warming activists" - sort of like when they stop torturing you, you're pleased.
I am pleased that they have stopped torturing me. Whew. All right.
It's a last-ditch effort on the part of the causative agencies to defend themselves from the rising accusation - "You did this."
Pigs.
The headline's from the SF Chronicle print edition for I think Friday 23.06.
I would have scanned it in but I didn't want to buy the damned thing, so I took a picture of it at the store.

Blog Archive