informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

17.9.03

My Secret Life Exposed

Ω{She says:
"I have yet to receive a single party invitation."

So I wrote this:

Ther ius a party, you can go. It wil have fun ther. Lots of people are going from here. You can go to. We coud go in my car. I wil pick you up. It's tomorow night. At the beech. Ther was shark ther but its not ther now. And you don't haver to go in the water anyway. It wil be a all nihter. The eraly morning is pretty at the beech. When the sun comes up over the montains. All you hav to bring is some chips and stuf.
Do you read a lot of books? Once when I was still at home I did, it was 'After Babel' by George Steiner. My Dad made me cuas he was real mad at me, so it was part of being grounded, bu I liked it pretty much, except the end was kind of let down.
Wel that;s it for now. Nice web site except I don;t like purple stuff so much.
OK see you! Maybe tomorow huh? bye

but there was no response so I wrote this:
I invited you. You could have. You thought I was joking maybe but I was joking but not about that. Maybe your sense of humour is not mitochondrially related to mine. Maybe the Bible's right about Armegeddon and all that. Maybe maybe maybe. But I did invite you to a party, so you should change that part anyway. It's OK if you don't want to be my friend. I mean I'll be alright and everything. I will. Honest.

msg
p.s. You could read what I wrote today at Cassandra pages if you want. Maybe then you would want to be my friend, but maybe not.
http://www.haloscan.com/comments.php?user=cassandrapages&comment=106374680471731312#38713
Or maybe I won't want to by then, you never know. Though probably I will.

Question: Are the people who are processing the staggering amounts of information gathered up by the metastisizing surveillance architecture of the modern American police state capable of reading and comprehending the work of George Saunders, or not.
Just asking.}

Blog Archive