informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

13.9.03

Ω{I'm not following the so-called recall. But it bites me now and again. Walking by the TV on my way to here from the kitchen, bits of California in the news bookmarks, the odd headline or two as I pass by the racks. Last night on CBS there's this egregiously Satanic piece of truth perversion re: McClintock so-called and Schwarzenegger so-called. And it's all about the mighty Sen. flannel-mouthing Arnold to a dukedown. Has to be before the Rep. covenation, which is I think tonight, hmm? Arnold was cool and diplomatic and obviously a little stung by the low blow. But more horribly, more terrifyingly... But but but but.
It starts with a close-up of McClintock in some radio studio, and holds there. Just sits on his bland face. While he talks mantalk all impatient with the politely waffling Austrian. For large minutes it just holds there. And like I said before about the newspaper image placement/word placement thing, though they did seem to back away from that a little, this was about Mack-daddy Our Boy. Let Arnold huff it up a little and then O. B. will take him down, thus earning all Arnold's points into the bargain. McClintock, the Manchurian Wolverine.
This is, like so much other right-wing disinformation, truly evil once you get past the intention, the personal intention. Because I have no doubt that virtually all the individuals involved in this zombie ritual are champions of the good intention.
Still this is CBS�, which I haven't seen in months really. Because I won't stay in the room if it's anything but Roseanne reruns or Raymond, or that newsy thing from LA PBS. I thought I suppose there was a vestige of Cronkite's stolid integrity, somewhere in there. This was beyond redemption, beneath criticism, this was an act of war. Which I guess has been waging along without my knowing for some time. I mean I knew it was bad...
So my insight from all that is we're getting close to the cull. Check the difference besides the uniforms on the big box clerks and the Baghdad 'joes'. OK besides the fitness level. Same guys and gals. Same socio-economic stations. Same dead-end prospects, same drives, same timidity and dis-education. And they are being treated with precisely the same callous disregard of their health and humanity in both theaters.}

Blog Archive