informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

20.10.08

Veterans of Iraq in the news:

In Portland Oregon in a continuation of the "Winter Soldier" hearings

"I am standing here today as a criminal - in a sense of the word that only someone who has worn the uniform can understand"
-
and outside the final Presidential debate where Iraq veteran Nick Morgan was trampled by a horse ridden into him deliberately by a police officer.

"At least one, we believe two, were trampled, because another one was knocked down. His name is also Geoff Millard. And another woman was trampled, as well. And I have not seen injuries like that since Iraq, seeing him laying on the ground like that. I don’t need to go through that here in the streets. I don’t need to go through that here in America. I don’t need to relive that. And this is what I got tonight trying to peacefully bring a message to these candidates and which we’re trying to elect. And both of them claim that they support veterans. And this is how we got supported tonight, by being pushed back, trampled and arrested."

Blog Archive