informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

3.8.08

That is, however, the least we can say:

The Arctic is unique, but so is Aspen. Up north, there are polar bears. Here, there are fun-seekers of a different sort.
Madeleine Albright
-
You see, my grandmother taught piano, and I stayed at her house while my parents worked.
[...]
I had a conversation with my parents that went something like the following:
"I'm changing my major."
"To what are you changing your major?"
"I don't know."
"You're going to end up a waitress at Howard Johnson's."
"I'd rather be a waitress at Howard Johnson's than try and teach piano."
Condoleeza Rice
-
both Secretaries of State speaking at 2008's Words and Music collaboration with the Aspen Institute
The Words and Music collaboration has been going on for a couple of years now. It was established by our good friend Tom Friedman, in order to bring together programs of the Institute and the Music Festival and School
Alan Fletcher President and CEO of the Aspen Music Festival and school

Blog Archive