informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

1.8.08

His written statement elaborates on old rumors:

His written statement elaborates on old rumors that Mr. Holbrooke had brokered a deal with him to avoid arrest.
The offer, he asserted, required him to withdraw from public life, declining all interview requests and offers to write articles or books.
“Mr. Holbrooke undertook on behalf of the U.S.A. that I would not be tried before this tribunal and that I should understand that for a while there would be very sharp rhetoric against me, so that my followers would not hamper the implementation of the Dayton agreement.”
[...]
“I cannot imagine what he is talking about,” said Mr. Goldstone, a South African judge. “The whole thing does not make sense. Resign because of what?”
Mr. Goldstone said the United States had not asked him to withdraw Mr. Karadzic’s indictment.
“No one could ask me to do that,” he said.
NYTimes 02.Aug.08

Blog Archive