informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

19.4.08

Yo creo en el hombre paraguayo;
en su sufrida y sacrificada historia:

I believe in the Paraguayan people and their long-suffering and their history, so full of sacrifice. I think it has been solidarity, endurance, hard work and its ability to rise after two wars that subjugated its geographical and human sovereignty what allowed Paraguay to get over many difficult situations. I believe in simple, humble people and in their wisdom, their capacity to build, provide and contribute to the creation of something new and different. I believe in those people to whom I devoted my whole life: the simplest and poorest, those from whom a real, true change can come. Changes don’t come from above and outside, but from below and inside.
Fernando Lugo

Blog Archive