informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

7.9.04

a curiosity to understand and to keep understanding

...it's very hard, especially because I live in India, not to intervene immediately when someone is shot or police have opened fire. In India, we have all these anti-terrorism laws, with thousands of people being picked up. We have the highest number of custodial deaths in the world. And still, India retains its reputation as some kind of spiritual destination and a real democracy, which it is not, by any means. My life is a bit out of my control right now. My plans keep getting ambushed by the real world...

Arundhati Roy



Blog Archive