informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

21.7.04

Somethng I'm trying to get around to doing is following the meanders of organized crime through the Capone days into Cuba; and then modern times on up to Haiti.
I have nothing but the grace and light of inspiration to back this up but I'm convinced the recent turmoil in Haiti was syndicate violence. Aristide was not a player, the current government is nothing but.
Something else I'd like to find out is what ethnic minority is in control of the international cocaine and heroin markets these days. And who was running the gaming and vice franchises in Bautista's Cuba. The knee-jerk expectation is Sicilians, but I don't think so.


Blog Archive