informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

26.2.03

The Nicaraguan government was trying to decide whether to force a pregnant nine-year-old girl to carry her baby to term; "I don't want to share my toys with other children," said the girl, who was raped and has requested an abortion. "I take care of my toys."
___________
Two French tourists were run over by a police SUV as they sunbathed on Miami Beach; the officer drove over the tourists, who were sisters, then backed up and ran over them again. One of the women died.

Harper's Weekly Review 02/25/03

Blog Archive