informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

10.7.02

THE IRANIAN: Travel, Around the world, Neema Moraveji { like a lot, if not most, Americans, I have to double check to be sure I'm not linking to the next victim of the oleo-thugs that currently run things here. that would be Iraq. saved by a letter. and a little geography. this site has cool and surprising things.
surprise! Iranian young people who are articulate world travellers. surprise! this piece, with its little glimpse of Afghan refugees, anomalously living in some obscure corner of Iran. Iran. there was a girl, a persian girl. in San Anselmo, back in 78. there were these dudes. it's funny now of course, but they were always dressed in real dark suits. and dark themselves. men of God. they're always men of God. which isn't hard to pull off when you make a God out of your own genetic material. anyway, she was persian, and hunted, rich and dangerous, not a stunning beauty, wild and desperate, and I was wandering around like a punch-drunk yob when I met her, but I was also in my late twenties, living close to the ground, relatively fit, tan etc. there was a night, we were at this house, the dudes came, I don't remember all of it, going out to meet them, the voice saying, here is one of those dreams you wanted, hero, going out it was dark a narrow driveway, and then like so many of these things it all goes blank. but she was real, the dudes were real, she was terrified. I was mystified. it was 25 years ago. }

Blog Archive