informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

16.7.02

{I was in the stacks on the fourth floor of the library on the trail of a book edited by Mary Clearman Blew, Margaret Bell's 'When Montana and I Were Young' and in the same row on the same shelf this book called to me and I opened it and there's this photo so then back to the index and it's a bio of Albion Fellows Bacon. and on another page is a photo from her book 'Beauty for Ashes' the photo is called 'where the white death throttles its victims' and it's a slum room a woman standing who looks near complete exhaustion and very ill and a pale child all in long black clothes in a chair and in the right far background so dimly seen a figure in a bed. and so I came to this machine and wrote this.}

Blog Archive