informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

17.6.04


I have this thing where my mind doesn't work right? And I get these thoughts? Sometimes, especially lately, I look forward to that. Because it can explain things in a way that's a lot more comfortable than what my walk-around mind says is.
There's a commercial on TV for some outfit I don't know who it is, and it's all 90's cutting edge design values and it has kids which is always a good sell, and they're not all pimped-out they're all regular sort of kids, and it says on it, "No one every grew up wanting to be Moneyman." It says that.
I called this by the way. I saw it coming. I said it in the 70's about the fundamentalist Anschluss and I said it ten years ago about this, a legion of well-intentioned dolts, who've been trained to never wonder why they're in the driver's seat, why there isn't anybody more competent, more electrifying to teach the up-and-coming.
You know, like maybe they were removed or something?
Nah, couldn't be.
And that weird-ass Hendrix-against-the-accordion thing? You see that?
It's perfect in its way. They own the whole argument, terms and syllogism. So they win it. Hands down.
I could easily with a budget of less than ten grand, get somebody up there who would kick your ass doing "Cross-town Traffic" on a concertina, let alone the spine-tingling work of a full-dress accordion in the hands of a lover.
This is alien mentalism, seriously, like zombie-makeover propaganda. People pretending to be evil so well they actually become evil without ever noticing the shift.
Way to go guys. Way to go.
No kid ever grew up watching MTV or his high school prom and the parties after, who didn't see nothing but Moneyman Moneyman and gold-plated women and limousines as far as the eye could reach.
Dolts.

Blog Archive