informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

15.6.04

...prisoners "are like dogs, and if you allow them to believe at any point that they are more than a dog then you've lost control of them"
two moreMajor-General Geoffrey Miller, who was in charge of the Guant�namo Bay camp and
two morenow oversees US prisons in Iraq
_

"I didn't know in September, I didn�t know in October, I didn't know ever" about any abuse, she[Janis Karpinski] said.
"Those pictures which I saw on the 23rd of January were more shocking to me than probably the rest of the world ... I was absolutely sickened by those images and I couldn't even fathom a guess as to what happened to these people to make them go in such an opposite direction of how they were trained."
But Brig-Gen Karpinski, who has been suspended from her command for alleged failings at Abu Ghraib but not charged with any crime, said military police would not have taken Iraqis out of cells to pose them for photographs without being told to do so.

Scotsman Jun.16.04

Blog Archive