informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

10.10.03

'I need your help taking this fight forward.'

"Dear Patriot,

For the past seven months, I have been fighting for the right of all Americans to travel freely in our own country. CAPPS II, the Soviet-style internal border control system being pushed by the Department of Homeland Security, will strip us of that right, and make air travel a 'privilege' granted by government.

A lot has been accomplished:

� Delta was shamed out of testing CAPPS II
� Homeland Security was forced to appoint a Chief Privacy Officer
� JetBlue was exposed violating the privacy of millions of passengers
� JetBlue was shamed out of CAPPS II testing
� A pro-CAPPS II 'consumer advocate' was unmasked as a Cendant shill
� Galileo/Cendant have backpedaled on CAPPS II

Up to now, I have funded this project out of my own personal savings. America has been good to me and spending money to keep our country free seemed only fair. Unfortunately, I can't do this alone anymore, which is why I am turning to you for help."
Bill Scannell

Blog Archive