informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

26.7.03

Q: A big part of fighting is mental. How would you say your experiences during your younger years made you the fighter that you are today?
A: From my very first fight, it was all about mental because I didn�t train and I didn�t know what to expect. I just went in there with the faith of God, believing God would take care of everything. My belief in him is what got me into the ring to have the guts to step to the level where I would perform against professional athletes.
From there, I just carried it over by learning. When in the actual ring, you learn. I didn�t have prior experience at all. All the experience that I got was actual fighting experience so I learned what works and what doesn�t work and I learned that everyone�s basically the same physically. One person may have a better right hand, one person may have a better left hand, one person may have a chin. But, a human is a human. The difference is what you said � the mental. So when you step into the ring, there can�t be doubts or questions. You�re there on a job and bring it on.

Kimo interview K-1 USA
Kimo versus 'The Beast'

Blog Archive