informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

22.7.03

In Medell�n, they defend four human rights groups. They regularly visit their offices and accompany the members and leaders who have received threats. Martha Soto of ASFADDES, the Association for the Relatives of the Detained-Disappeared, for instance, has received almost permanent accompaniment for the past three years. �I have received numerous threats,� she says, and �I even had to move away from Medell�n for a while. If it weren�t for Peace Brigades, I would have had to stop my work and I wouldn�t have been able to come back to Medell�n.�

Peace Brigades Eric Beauchemin Radio Netherlands 4 June 2003

Blog Archive