informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

18.7.08

we know that he may have:

The Venezuelan-owned Oil Company Citgo, together with the organization Citizen’s Energy, will provide about 460,000 energy efficient light bulbs to low-income households throughout the U.S
[...]
According to Alvarez [Venezuela’s Ambassador to the U.S],
“The energy problem is a spring, summer, fall, winter problem. We are a country with so much oil, yet we are interested in conservation. We must be. We are all in the same world. We are happy to be in a position to inspire other corporations to help with this pressing problem.”
venezuelanalysis 16.Jul.08
-
"I would initiate discussions with our enemies in Cuba and Venezuela…I would cancel the travel restrictions for those who have family in Cuba…I want to join with countries like Brazil to look for cleaner forms of energy…I will approve the Free Trade Agreement with Peru, but I oppose that of Colombia until I have confidence that union leaders are not being killed there…this kind of paramilitary activity has to stop," said Barack Obama.
And Hugo Chávez? Is he a threat to the national security of the United States and the rest of the continent, I asked?
"Yes, I believe he’s a threat, but a manageable one," he answered. "We know for example, that he may have been involved in supporting the FARC, harming a neighbor."
Ramos/El Mercurio/Machetara 13.Jun.08
-
A neighbor that we know may be killing its union leaders.

Blog Archive