informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

13.5.08

Settlements at this juncture are not helpful:

And, speaking in a kind of code Jews readily understand, Obama also made sure to mention that he was fond of the writer Leon Uris, the author of Exodus.

the idea of returning to a homeland
...
my starting point when I think about the Middle East is this enormous emotional attachment and sympathy for Israel, mindful of its history, mindful of the hardship and pain and suffering that the Jewish people have undergone
...
if you’ve gone through the Holocaust, then that does not offer the same sense of confidence and security as the idea that the Jewish people can take care of themselves no matter what happens
...
One of the things I loved about Israel when I went there is that the land itself is a metaphor for rebirth, for what’s been accomplished
...
I think I learned that partly from Jewish thought, that your actions have consequences and that they matter and that we have moral imperatives
...
My position on Hamas is indistinguishable from the position of Hillary Clinton or John McCain.
...
that’s something they’re hopeful about. I think that’s a perfectly legitimate perception as long as they’re not confused about my unyielding support for Israel’s security.
...
When I visited Ramallah, among a group of Palestinian students, one of the things that I said to those students was: “Look, I am sympathetic to you and the need for you guys to have a country that can function, but understand this: if you’re waiting for America to distance itself from Israel, you are delusional.
...
JG: What do you make of Jimmy Carter’s suggestion that Israel resembles an apartheid state?
BO: I strongly reject the characterization.
You will not see, under my presidency, any slackening in commitment to Israel’s security.

Goldberg/Atlantic 13.May.08
-
I'm sorry to offend any readers who still find sexual metaphors distressing but this is Obama with Goldberg's dick in his mouth.
The raging arrogance behind Goldberg's questions, not in them but working them up out of the Semitic zeitgeist toward expression, is beyond metaphor for me, I literally don't know how to describe it except technically.
I wish for a chorus of mutilated children, women frozen in the postures of grief, men whose faces have gone white with horror, all around these two scamming opportunists.
Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba Naqba.

350.

Blog Archive