informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

12.8.07

August 2004 was a fairly articulate month around here. Blogger somehow went backwards in font-progress terms. The larger hypheny character, the em-dash(—) I think , which I was so fond of back then because it could make a seamless line from the keyboard without html coding, became in I believe late 2005 a question mark(?), what Windows uses when it can't decipher a particular char. Which since I was using it for paragraph breaks and all kinds of other stuff, means now a lot of my archived writing from then is filled with goofy-looking clumps of interrogatives that wreck the urgency and drama of the writing. Not always a terrible thing, but irritating nonetheless.
I could go back through and fix each one, I realized that almost immediately when it happened, but then again at the time I was changing out the header images with their linked-to images in train on a regular more than-weekly basis, and blogger had already proven itself incapable of sustaining a re-edit for archived posts without re-archiving all the header images and links. So stayed my hand. An option now made even more meaningless by Blogger's re-vamped insistence on one header image for all posts at all times. And I don't think the Internet Archive has those images+links either. Gone, gone away. The question mark thing though is actually disruptive of whatever sense and meaning the posts still carry.
Oh well.

Blog Archive