informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

23.7.06

...after all, I could have gotten on a plane and rushed over and started shuttling and it wouldn't have been clear what I was shuttling to do:

SECRETARY RICE: Well, I'm clearly not going to speculate on something that is just speculation.
The Israelis have said that they have no desire to widen this conflict and I take them at their word that they have no desire to widen this conflict.
There is a political framework and a political solution that could both stop the violence and leave Lebanon and the region in a much better place...
Special Briefing on Travel to the Middle East and Europe
Secretary Condoleezza Rice
ScoopNZ 21.Jul.06

Blog Archive