informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

3.4.06

Her father's farm has to go. "I'm busy selling it," she says. "I have to, to pay for my mom's treatment. But I'm going to stay here. I don't have an electric fence. I trust in the Lord. He will help me.
"I was very bitter at first. That passed with losing my husband. I realised it doesn't matter how you die. And I have my three children.
"But I will say this: if I killed one of them, you'd hear it all over the world. But if they kill my dad, no one hears anything, not even here."
There are other stories, one after another.

Farms of Fear
Times(UK) Online
02.Apr.06
-
link South African Mike Golby's Yblogza

Blog Archive