informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

21.7.05

Inspired by Thomas Kinkade, this home and setting is truely one of the most unique properties on the central coast. Carefully crafted in every detail, the residence and landscaped grounds, beautiful pond & stream beds, make this is a must see property. $2,275,000
Plus not driving these days means getting groceries home in the most practical way is carrying them in a backpack. Plus I'm long-haired and bearded. So the stares have been increasing.
Not that the ghosts behind the surveillance cams are in a tizzy, they know what's up with me, sort of, enough to feel comfortable that I'm not packing any homemade excitement. But there's that outside-the-acceptable-profile thing again.
Something that probably should be occupying people's thoughts these days is a way of vectoring the record heat with the energy vampire moves - the lockdown mentality having more than a little to do with social chaos as people wake up to the widening oscillation of the larger-than-human system whose regularity we depend on.
Though conveniently, many are now virtually house-bound, especially the kids - there's a buffer between them and the weather, except at its most dramatic.
I keep getting this urge to come up with something to do, something that regular people can do about what's happening. It's a secure spot, carping and pointing out the hypocrisies and covert manipulation - but it's like unloading the tools from the truck.
Okay, here we are, there's the materials, there's the tools, now what?
None of the old morality works. Unless you call blind obedience and submissive posture toward any and all authority morality. I don't.
I'm so pissed-off I can't stand it, and it keeps getting worse.
So not only am I wrong-profiling, and backpack-wearing, I'm glaring, I'm not relaxed.
And Thomas Kinkade is "inspiring" homes. Ai-yah.

Blog Archive