informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

24.4.02

L. Ron Hubbard, Ron the Humanitarian, Rehabilitating a Drugged Society - The politics of drugs in the late 20th (Part 1/3) Variously conducted under code names Bluebird, Chatter, Artichoke and the MKULTRA umbrella, federal mind-control programs finally involved the testing of psychotropic compounds on several thousand United States citizens. The tales of abuse are legion, horrific and ultimately comparable only to medical experimentation on inmates of Nazi concentration camps (which, in fact, provided much inspiration for what took place beneath the mind-control banner). There are cases on record, more than a few, wherein unwitting victims were slipped massive doses of psychotropic drugs and effectively left to reason for themselves, subjected to �special interrogation� under near fatal combinations of barbiturates, stimulants and bombardment with ultra-high frequency �amnesia beams.�
{somewhere amongst all this logorrheaic effusion I have a scattered memory/record of the time in Denver I got picked up hitchiking by a Scientologist guy and he talked me into checking things out. I had never really known much about scientology and was mildly antagonistic but the guy was basically nice and openhearted. we were on our way to whatever office or whatever and the tires were shot flat on the car. it seems awfully cinematic, but it's true. in case you don't find that record, the brief details are that I remember us getting out of the car the unreal feeling of that pursuit and running and I had all my stuff with me big heavy backpack and a gymbag and I couldn't run very fast. the guy outdistanced me I remember that and then it all goes blank. but I swear with all my heart that part about the tires and running is true.}

Blog Archive