informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

9.3.06

Cindy Sheehan roughed up by NYPD

...and we four women, Missy Beattie, Medea, Rev. Patty and I sat down to avoid being hurt. We locked arms (except for Missy who was holding a banner). Missy was picked up first, then an officer grabbed my right arm and dragged me about 15 feet along the pavement. The pain in my arm was unbearable. As soon as I could I got in a fetal position and screamed, "Leave me alone you're hurting me!"
The officer then jerked my right arm up and cuffed me then pulled me up by my arm and cuffed the other arm.

commondreams 08.Mar.06

Blog Archive