informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

6.6.05

I'm working up another installment in the great anti-Semitism debate, but until then I'm treading carefully, so much is at stake; consequently there's two versions of this - equally offensive, I hope, to the sensitivities of all concerned.
It comes from a post at 3Quarks Daily, from an article in the NYTimes where the happy little scientists urp their milkshakes they're so excited about finding out about money and monkeys and what it says about "us".
The point here is to read the narrative with someone who is to you as these creatures are to me replacing the original "subjects" or victims.
Put yourself in the cage and learn from that. As it were.
Version 1, Niggers.
Version 2, Jews.
I should add that there is no degree of outrage possible in the offended populations that will or could exceed my own at the original.

Blog Archive