informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

7.6.02

Web Log 2002� (W. H. Calvin) {science by scientist, with that steady resolute open-mindedness that elevates human endeavor, pulls us up, makes living noble. which is a little more than what's in the blog there but it's how it makes me feel at times, the big popstars of science all have done that for me at one time or another, Rachel Carson, Ted Williams, John Mcphee, Steven Jay Gould, Carl Sagan, E. O. Wilson, and on out to the edges with Annie Dillard and my favorite of all, Gretel Ehrlich. They make me hope. Feel. Love. Continue.}

Blog Archive