informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

17.6.02

jiko shoukai
�@In 1993, I got a job in Hiroshima University. Now, I am an assistant professor in Division of Culture and the Humanities, which is a part of Faculty of Integrated Arts and Sciences.
�@Though my wife is a Chinese and from Beijing, she does not like Beijing Opera which I love so much. And she hates the accordion tunes, too. Once, she burst into tears when I played my accordions in front of her. She says that she does not like the accordion because its sound makes her feel a sentimental longing for her childhood.
�@ After all, I was forbidden to play accordion nor sing Beijing opera songs within 1 kilometer around her.
�@Should I have been diligent enough in my own cooking then ?

Blog Archive