informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

27.5.02

well that pretty well does it for me. I'm pulling my link to Fimoculous for his jivy and uncalled for wimpish smirkiness. I spent so much time this last couple of years online or onkeyboard or whatever that I found myself relating to people in a nondiscriminatory way. people like Mr. Fimoculous. then slowly realizing that once again the first rush of belonging is an illusion. like I did with all these images I've got tucked away here and there on different websites. at the time it was like having them. keeping them. in a way it was/is. but in a way it's not.
so Fimoculous links to Jeff Bridges with the tag line "celebrity homepages are always funny," or some shit. so I went there cause I've always felt kind of bro-ish toward Mr Bridges and I was thinking it might be another one like what's-her-face Melanie Griffith. all gooshy newage soft candy, but it's great. a big 'fuck this' to all the pseudo-Matrix wimp-camo. and it moves. and the first thing I read was a sincere and lucid homage to McMurtry's rare book cathedral in Anchor, Texas. no wasted design no wasted energy. it may in fact be the shape of things to come. people writing, as in writing their own stuff in their own penmanship. I like it a lot. and I've begun to realize that pronouncing on shit you read in blogdex or metafilter as though you found it your own self is simply more pseudo shit. which is why Barger's robotwisdom is still cool. minimal and credit where due.
��� on a side note: I had this hypogogic flash this a.m. of people having their own icons. like signet rings used to be, the seal that signified. people you know sending email that shows up in your box with an icon you could recognize boom tout suite. eh?

Blog Archive