informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

14.2.02

Wendy Carlos Eclipse Page 1980 - This eclipse was again land-based, from the seacoast town of Malindi, in Kenya, East Africa (it's generally wise to seek an over-water view, while you are on solid land.) A friend and I had booked a quick eclipse trip to the area, my first visit to Kenya. Since I was in the midst of composing the musicscore to Kubrick's The Shining, I had only a few days grace period to "sneak away" ;-), before the next batch of music would be needed (I had just sent off a huge collection of cues that week) and could not stay long.

Blog Archive