informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

10.6.02

Think Attack -- One time for ya' mind, one time for ya' mind. Since I put up these bat houses, I have seen the number of corn borers and corn earworms drop to near zero. I used to spend hours putting mineral oil on the corn silks to combat the earworms rather than use Sevin or Diazinon. To use these chemicals would risk poisoning my honeybees. The count has gone from 3 earwoms out of 5 ears down to one worm out of 120 ears in the past several years. The number of broken tassles from the borers has dropped from about 50% to zero. Without chemicals or mineral oil! These lil' guys are doing the job for me!

Blog Archive