informant38
.

-
...But of these sophisms and elenchs of merchandise I skill not...
Milton, Areopagitica

Except he had found the
standing sea-rock that even this last
Temptation breaks on; quieter than death but lovelier; peace
that quiets the desire even of praising it.

Jeffers, Meditation On Saviors


-

14.4.02

Breslin - Israel on Broadway The guy on the sidewalk can't get over the barricades, but he screams at the driver, and, as I noted, he has a mouth that could start anything, but don't a couple of cops walk him down the street and now it's over.

The driver walks with the police out to his pickup truck in the middle of Broadway and they wave him away and he is gone and the place is calm and I cringe when I tell myself the truth, that on this Friday in New York I miss the excitement.

Blog Archive